Our client in the Huntingdon area are looking to recruit a Vehicle Checker to work on their busy site.
Working for a market leader within the automotive sector you will be responsible for doing a large volume of vehicle checks to meet strict company deadlines.
Working on a large site you will ensure that the allocated vehicles have the required oil, water, tyre depth and pressure. You will also start the vehicles up to ensure they runs.
These checks are set on a rota basis to ensure all vehicles are In the appropriate condition and any deviations are reported as per the company process.
You will then update / confirm all details including make, model and registration onto an app.
Additional responsibilities include,
- To complete any relevant administration, as required – this is usually digitally (via a smartphone or tablet) but could occasionally be paperwork.
- Ensure all vehicles and their property such as spare wheels, radios, etc. are secure at all times
- Follow HSE policy and use PPE as necessary
- Report any damage or accents to management
Full training will be provided but a good knowledge / interest of vehicle and knowing you way around a car would be beneficial.
- Ability to drive a variety of vehicles with different start-up procedures and transmissions in a safe manner
- Able to work as part of a team and on your own to achieve team goals
- Able to use your initiative and be flexible and adapt quickly to change
- Able to use basic technology (smartphone or tablet) as most of the vehicle information is stored digitally.
The pay rate is currently £9.00 per hour.
All applicants must have held a valid full driving licence for a minimum of 5 years due to commercial insurance stipulations and no more than 6 points accepted for minor driving offences. No DR10’s.
Forde Automotive is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance are operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.